1. J Wilkes Pinot Noir (S01E02 Santa Barbara): Bright, ripe, red fruits and super juicy. A spice box of white pepper and clove, and perfect acidity to pair with almost anything put on the plate!
2. J Wilkes Chardonnay (S01E02 Santa Barbara): Perfect example of the lean, acid driven, yet still rich Chardonnay that Santa Barbara is capable of producing. Tropical fruits, crème brûlée, and pears poached in butter.
3. Elizabeth Spencer Organic Sauvignon Blanc (S01E01 Napa): Lean, crisp, juicy. Lots of white flowers, white peach, lemon zest, and crushed green apple. What versatile pairing for starting courses and cheese!
4. Elizabeth Spencer Cabernet Sauvignon (S01E01 Napa): Ripe plums, blackberries, violets and earth. Chocolate on the finish. Bright acidity, and well integrated tannins!
5. Tablas Creek Côtes de Tablas (S01E03 Paso Robles): What a great, fresh style of a Rhône blend! Strawberry, figs, and a bit a salami spice. Chewy tannin and persistent finish!
6. Tablas Creek Côtes de Tablas Blanc (S01E03 Paso Robles): Melon, mint, honeydew and sweet spice. Some crushed rock minerality and a lush, long finish.